Periodic Flow Noise in Mountain SOP

zbugni

I'm following this tutorial by Entagma, which involves using an attribute noise set to periodic flow to create a tiling pattern. The settings he uses are shown at 5:20 in the video, and the resulting geo can be seen at 11:25. However, Houdini 18.5 no longer includes periodic flow noise. I've noticed that it is included in the mountain SOP now, but even when I match his settings exactly, my results look bizarre and inorganic: Mountain.png.ac86cbcda2c3cec1eddb0e28ba1a3267.png

In the documentation for the mountain node, this is the image associated with Periodic Flow Noise, but I can't get mine to look anything like that.

unoise_periodic_flow.gif.f3d98239b063c4a1873544d763da6c48.gif

https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/mountain.html (and here's the web page that includes a little description).

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? How can I make my noise look more like that from the Entagma video or the documentation? Thanks very much in advance!