Flipbook Motion vectors stuttering (ue4)

evanrudefx

Hello,
I am trying to use the flipbook motion vector with an explosion exported from houdini using sidefx labs tools. I followed a couple tutorials and I am pretty sure I got the motion vector intensity setting right and everything else. But for some reason it is stuttering really badly. My explosion (in real time) is pretty fast moving. Maybe its moving too fast and it is only 24 frames a second? If you notice, toward the end of the flipbook, it starts to stop stuttering when the explosion is moving slower at the end. That's why I was wondering if its maybe I just need a slower explosion or just a higher frame rate atlas, like 60 instead of 24. Has anyone gotten the sidefx labs motion vectors to work?
Any thoughts?

Edited by ejr32123

That does look like an FPS mis-match. You might want to try kicking out your explosion at 30fps. I faced something similar when I tried to supply a 24fps point cache as a Niagara source. I was told Niagara runs at 30fps. Try searching under Unreal project settings. You might be be able to adjust the engine playback speed and avoid reexporting your explosion.

Edited by Atom
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...