Extrusion issue

Blur

Good day everyone! I am still in my baby steps using Houdini so please indulge everything that might seem obvious in my problem ^^

I am following this sidefx tutorial by Tim Van Helsdingen only to apply it to my specific needs (A filled chocolate bar in my case..) anyway.. my issue is that when extruding the geometry to the inside to thicken the chocolate surface it comes rather okay except for the substracted logo/text zone where it goes all over the place creating artifacts and overlapping all over the place.. My noob guess is that it has something to do with the normals for the text area making them go horizontally rather than pushing them down like in the rest of the chocolate bar?

PS: Lowering the extrude height is not an option for me as that's the minimum thickness I am allowed to use. 

I also don't think my workflow/geometry is the most optimized and could be that the previous boolean operations are causing this issue so feel free to point out any tips to improve that! Thank you very much in advance.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Blanc_01.hip

logo-galler.ai

15 hours ago, dleonhardt said:

Can't you do the boolean after extruding your chocolate bar?

Thank you very much! Haven't thought of this obvious solution even though it is not what I am looking for procedurally but I guess it'll do!