Makehuman

michael

http://www.dedalo-3d.com/

I tried this out last night and despite a few things that could use some improvement (the UI is really not good at all, and other small things) I found it to be really really good and cool...

I made a mesh using the slider thingys and exported it as an .obj, brought it into Houdini without any trouble at all...the comp I'm using at home at the moment has possibly the worst graphics card possible for Houdini so I didn't spend much time examining the obj for things like UVs etc, it was just too painfull, but the mesh was all quads and looked pretty damn good - at least from my point of view...and since it's just a 0.9 release I can see good things in the future for this app...especially for people like me who are not modelers (by any definition) and even for people who are character modelers you can bang out a ton of variations very quickly that can then be customised to taste...

it's available for Win, UBUNTU and mac, plus the C++ source can be downloaded for you compiling freaks...

• 5 months later...