Flip collision not working properly

Sergio3D

Hey there!

I'm trying to fill a fractured box with water and make the water come out when walls of the box start breaking.

The thing is that the collision works when the box hasn't been fractured yet but once one of the walls of the box starts fracturing, the particles start to clip through the box until they completely disappear.

The box has thickness, I'm using a deformed static object with a vdb of the rbd fracture.

The sim also have sub-steps.

I uploaded the hip file, just in case someone wants to take a look at it.

Thanks in advance guys!

Flip_Collision.hip

Edited by Sergio3D
misspelling

The collision issue in this case is because you as passing in packed objects to a static object DOP which can't happen. You will need to put a convert sop down before your collision source sop to convert your fracture to polys. Once you do that, you will end up using an rbd fractured object dop instead of the static object dop.

You can try using packed objects as your collision by bringing your packed objects into a rbd packed object dop but in my experience, dealing with two way interaction between packed objects and flip can lead to headaches.

Flip_Collision_RB.hip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rbowden said:

The collision issue in this case is because you as passing in packed objects to a static object DOP which can't happen. You will need to put a convert sop down before your collision source sop to convert your fracture to polys. Once you do that, you will end up using an rbd fractured object dop instead of the static object dop.

You can try using packed objects as your collision by bringing your packed objects into a rbd packed object dop but in my experience, dealing with two way interaction between packed objects and flip can lead to headaches.

Flip_Collision_RB.hip

That fixed it! 

Thank you so much man, I've been dealing with this problem for a couple of days and I wasn't sure what was happening.

I had no idea that the static object didn't work properly with packed geo.

Thank you again for taking your time to solve it! :)