Simulating Fur from a rest Skin to an Animated Mesh

matteo.murgo

Hi everyone, I'm trying to transfer my guides from a geometry to another one which is located somewhere else in the world space and it works with the guide transfer through uv's matching. The Vellum Sop works fine during the few frames where the second mesh stays still in t-pose, but once it starts the animation, every guide created from the hairgen starts flipping around. I tried to reimport the mesh as an fbx, alembic cache, obj sequence, but nothing actually worked at all, so I decided to make a sphere and made the same process and it worked fine. I don't actually know if it's a problem related to the skin of the rig or I should try another method, maybe through the dop network. Tried on a different file with only this mesh imported and even without the guide transfer it has the same problem. Might need some help for this one, because is causing me headaches. I'll leave the hip file with the alembic mesh if anyone wants to try and solve this for me. Thank you in advance. 

alem_10_fenrir.abc

pr_fr_v005.hip

1.png

Hi Matteo,

From what i can tell, adding a rest position to your geo3 network (after the subdivide, with a timeshift node set to -196 to the second input) and then enabling Hair Generate-> Static Generation -> Perform Hair Generation and Editing at Rest seemed to resolve the issue.

I don't have experience with the hair tools, but I noticed the Hair Generate curves were being deleted as the character moved - that made the input of your vellum sim change point count each frame which in this case it wasn't happy about.

• Like 1