Does Houdini support geforce GTX 16 series GPU

andrewp2010

I have been running Houdini the past year on a Geforce GTX 1660 GTX. Suddenly, this week Houdini decided to start crashing every time I place a couple nodes in the scene. There is no error message or crash log. I have tried to troubleshoot a few things but after talking with sidefx support they said my graphics card just isn't supported. After looking at what cards are supported though, I could downgrade to the GTX 10 series and be fine. are none of the 16 series really not supported on Houdini, or is there anything else I can do to solve this problem?

would TDR delay solve the problem, or is that just a bad idea to mess with?

I'm not aware of any drawback for increasing the TDR delay, so you might as well give it a try. What do the logs say? Are you sure it is your graphics card? One simple test is to leave the Materials icon for the 3D viewport OFF (save as viewport default D-KEY). This will prevent additional features from being applied, features your card might not have. Maybe force a chkdsk on the drive where you have installed Houdini?

Edited by Atom