Houdini 18.5.532 | Need Help Rendering Particles

Hello,

I'm brand new to Houdini and have been working on a "shockwave" effect and I have just looked in the Render View and there was only black screen. Then I tried to actually render it but it would still only show a black screen.

I've attached some images below to show the issues that I'm having.

This is my Network inside of a Geometry.

image.png.9eeb091db498a127550762bdf9cb8223.png

This is how it looks inside Scene View.

image.png.b3d11459223082baf86c0f74c5101277.png 

This is how it looks in the Render / Render View.

image.png.f74c03e00dd19f51e933d3e988dd9fb9.png

Here's the project file. Please help me out if you can :)

learning shockwave.hip

Thank you.

Edited by venxm

Well, since your smoke color is black and you do not have any temperature in your temperature field or in the flame field, the result becomes black. If you do not need the temperature or flame you can simply set the smoke color in the pyrosolver sop node.

3 hours ago, haggi said:

Well, since your smoke color is black and you do not have any temperature in your temperature field or in the flame field, the result becomes black. If you do not need the temperature or flame you can simply set the smoke color in the pyrosolver sop node.

Thats what I thought I had done.

I went into the pyrosolver, then under the "Look" tab & set the smoke to black. 

I wasnt sure if there was anything else to do. And I'm not quite sure what you mean by no temperature in the temperature field or flame field.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your answer. If you create a pyro sop solver and have a look at the sourcing, you see that it has an "burn" and "flame" input. The new pyro solver works in a way that it uses a scalar field called "flame" to create temperature, smoke and expansion. And you can add temperature as well. But in your setup, you do not have an flame input and and no temperature input because you do not have a temperature scalar field or flame scalar field in your inputs.