Point Deform Problem

from helpcard

Tips and notes

• This node works for cloth- or solid-like models. It does not work for wire models (the transforms become unstable).

• The connectivity is not limited to polygons or two manifold surfaces, making it useful for use with the constraint networks you get out of Bullet or the grain solver.

• If you use connected points, the connectivity should be the same in the rest points and the deformed points. Adding/removing edges or changing connections will confuse the node and produce bad results.

• If an id attribute is on the rest and deformed points, the node uses it to establish correspondence between rest and deformed points, as well as store capture point numbers.

• The Bone Deform, Cloth Deform, and Lattice SOPs also capture and deform geometry.

if looks like you're doing Bone deform...like for a character's arm...

On 6/5/2021 at 1:37 PM, Noobini said:

This node works for cloth- or solid-like models. It does not work for wire models (the transforms become unstable).

Dang I had completely forgotten about this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Your .hip file example does work for me, and I had tried something identical to this already, but was hoping to do away with all the extra created geometry in my scene.
Not to worry, this technique does work so I will roll with this option for now. Many thanks for the help @Noobini