Driving point position from a different vector attribute

Triplett

I am certain that this is a simple question, but I am still struggling with it. I have a vector attribute called "centroid" on a bunch of primitives, and I want to create a point cloud whose P values match the centroid positions. I could use any of David Kahl's methods here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyZ8dIqJ47U if I wanted a point at the centroid of every prim, but instead I have several prims with the same "centroid" vector because I obtained it by running "extract centroid" over prim pieces via a for-each loop. My instinct is that this is a super simple VEX expression like: @P = @centroid;   But that is obviously wrong. I also tried the set expression, but that didn't seem to work either. 
Is this like "promoting" an custom attribute into an intrinsic one like "P?"

Fenolis: Thanks, that works great if you want a point at each prim. What you shared looks like one of David Kahl's methods above. 

The issue I have is the centroid attribute is the same for different sets of prims. In pseudocode what I want is v@P = v@Centroid, so all of the prims or points could be moved to their corresponding centroid positions. Unfortunately I can't get that syntax right.

Noobini: I'd like to share the file, but it uses a big json file and a bunch of other dependent files in order to create the attributes. It is too big to upload and download all that.