Bridges on intersecting curves

I have one self intersecting curve in plane, or maybe two. Say curve 1 is the road, curve 2 is the river.

I'm looking a for a way to find the points on the road curve that intersect the river curve, ideally one point per intersection so that I have a clean location downstream to copy a bridge or something.

I'm also interested in the case of just one self intersecting curve (for example, in order to copy dominoes on the curve and run a RBD simulation).

There may or may not be a point on either curve near the intersections. I had moderate success using attribute transfer  + carve

In the screenshots, I did it manually using group point / edit / translate Y / soft radius

So basically I'm looking for a way to split the curves - not at their intersection points, but further down and up in order to make bridges... 

bridge2.png

bridge.png

28 minutes ago, boby said:

Did you try the intersection analysis node? (you'll need to scale everything to 0 on the Y axis before)

I don't understand how to use it. I can't even find the intersection between two triangles. 

However I can get curvesect to work, but it lacks the output attributes of Intersection Analysis (if it worked as expected)

Is it possible for you to provide a minimal example using intersection analysis ?

Can't send any .hip file from here sorry. It's 2 circles set as ZX planes and "open arc". It's then fused to avoid interstionAnalysis to detect the first/end point, then merged and put into intersectionAnalysis which output the 2 intersection points

• Like 1

Here is what I discovered and ended up using:

If you drop a convert line SOP for each curve upstream from the intersection analysis, it make your life really easier in terms of breaking the curve like I intended to:

You can use the output attributes from IA to carve the curve by iterating over the intersection points, then doing something like applying a carve SOP to the segments (which are primitives due to convert line) using the  sourceinput + sourceprim to find the two segments, then sourceprimuv[0] to find the intersection point on those segments.

intersectionAnal.png

Edited by AntoineSfx
Leaving a screenshot for my future self