How to save .sim only before simulation is stopped (crash & sim done)

mineloop08

I`m currently working on high resolution of flip simulation but sometimes it`s crashing middle of the simulation and i think it`s memory problem(I`m doing something else while simulation) 

And i realize that .sim file is can save the simulation progress and i can start up with .sim file to resume the simulation.

But during simulation saving whore simulation to save .sim is very waste of disk, saving time,, extra

So what i want is after the simulation is done or houdini is crashed or user stopped the simulation, i want to save last of 1~2 frame to resume the simulation!

Is there any way to do this?

On 2021. 7. 13. at 오전 1시 54분, januus said:

매 'n' 프레임마다 .sim 파일만 생성하도록 체크포인트를 활성화할 수 있으며, 저장하려는 행의 개수를 지정할 수도 있습니다. 이 방법으로 다양한 성공을 거뒀습니다.

체크포인트.jpg

Thanks that`s actually works

• 4 weeks later...

2021 update: barely any success with it. It simply restarts the sim at the last .sim file by deleting all existing pyro fields and starting the emission from there.

Example: I have a sim from frame 1 to 300. Last .sim file is at F192, so I save from 193-200 with the file cache SOP. The Sim would start at frame 192 as expected but the bgeo cache files are super small. Upon Inspection it appears that all previous density data was deleted and the sim started emitting from 192.

So for me it does actually work in making the sim start from the middle but what use is it if it doesnt continue with the exact data it had?