Smoke on heavy Alembic

eltrapopescado

Hello! So I have an alembic file (5 gb) with an RBD simulation of a wall falling down, and I want to apply some smoke to it. The thing is that the geometry is too heavy and I have to reduce de polygons in order to simulate. I tried with poly-reduce and despite reducing the geometry it applies it per frame so I have to wait 30 secs for a frame to load. I also tried with point deform but I couldn´t manage either.

I suppose my question is how would you prepare a heavy alembic geometry with pieces for a pyro sim?

Cheers.

T.

13 hours ago, eltrapopescado said:

Hello! So I have an alembic file (5 gb) with an RBD simulation of a wall falling down, and I want to apply some smoke to it. The thing is that the geometry is too heavy and I have to reduce de polygons in order to simulate. I tried with poly-reduce and despite reducing the geometry it applies it per frame so I have to wait 30 secs for a frame to load. I also tried with point deform but I couldn´t manage either.

I suppose my question is how would you prepare a heavy alembic geometry with pieces for a pyro sim?

Cheers.

T.

ur workflow is reverse  ./ first u must make a proxy for ur rbd model then use  for rbd simulation  -  using HiRes RBD Sim is not good idea --  and use poly  reduce after sim is heavy operation for each frame must be cook .. / 

52 minutes ago, Ultraman said:

ur workflow is reverse  ./ first u must make a proxy for ur rbd model then use  for rbd simulation  -  using HiRes RBD Sim is not good idea --  and use poly  reduce after sim is heavy operation for each frame must be cook .. / 

Hey Ultraman! Thank you for your response. The thing is that I just got the alembic to work on, the simulation was done by another artist. I figured out a way to reduce the polygons and it works perfectly! I'll leave it here so you can take a look.

Cheers.

T.

PD: in the Compile_end node is a must to use the Multithread option.

polyreduce.png

• Like 2