rbd object ignores velicity past first frame

evanrudefx

As far as I know, there is only one valid case where you actually need to use the Hero RBD object. That case is if you want to have the object float upon the flip surface. If you can work with packed objects, you might want to go with that.

I agree with your observation, though. I can't find any way to alter the velocity beyond the initial velocity.

• Like 1

Perhaps for standard RBDs it only calculates an initial point velocity on that first frame as it sets all the forces up as per standard DOP network kickoff, and then afterwards relies solely on the physics simulation rather than manual forces? 

Purely speculating here - I'm sure someone else on here has or can dig deeper into the guts of the solver and tell you the exact reason ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Atom said:

As far as I know, there is only one valid case where you actually need to use the Hero RBD object. That case is if you want to have the object float upon the flip surface. If you can work with packed objects, you might want to go with that.

I agree with your observation, though. I can't find any way to alter the velocity beyond the initial velocity.

The reason I used hero over packed was because I thought I could give different points different velocities to guide it. Since packed geo only has one point I used the hero rbd. But apparently that doesn't work.