Problem changing OP types.

I am using Houdini Apprentice, version 5.5.208 and have a problem. I have an Edit Op that I right click and select "change type". I then change edit to springs. When I click the accept button, the edit Op completely disappears from the network editor and there isn't a springs op. I can right click the 3rd input connector of the lattice Op and select the spring Op; but, I want to be able to use the "change type". Also, later in the lesson I am doing, we are to create a new Op type from 3 Op's that we have. So, I highlight the 3 Op's (box, spring and lattice), then right click and select "collapse selected into subnet". I able to do this and end up with a subnet Op. Then I right click the subnet Op and select "create type from" and name it and set the Min/Max inputs. When I hit the accept button, the subnet Op disappears also and I end up with the 3 Op's that I had before I collapsed them (they are still highlighted and connected).

Does anyone know what is going on here? I sent my file to the 3dBuzz class forum and MCronin openned it and he was able to change type and make a new Op; so, it's not my network setup. If I can't get the Apprentice to work properly, I don't think the registered version will work also. Please, Help!!! Thanks.

Oh yeah. I've un-installed and re-installed Houdini a few times already.

I did. I re-installed the .151 build and still no luck. I also re-installed .208 about 3 times now (deleting all houdini directories after un-installing before re-installing). I also posted on the sidefx forum and am hoping someone from sidefx will respond. I can't see that this is a major/hard problem with houdini. There must be an easy fix. If not, I really can't see purchasing a registered version.

Well, I got it ironed out over at the buzz forum. I needed to set a variable for my c:/temp directory. I have a space in my username and this may be causing problems when directories are used with Houdini. When I upgrade my computer and re-install my operating system, I won't put any spaces in my username. I'm not used to unix or linux based programs.