Grains explode when deformation in collision geo kicks in.

Smicksus

Hi Magicians,

I've a collsion container wich my grains can fall in and settle. That works, but when my container get's eaten away where I want my grains to fall trough all the grains explode. I've tried increasing the substeps for the solver aswell as the collision passes but that dosn't seem to help... 
Can someone please look into my hipfile and tell me what I can do to get a better result?

Thanks so much in advance!

example_sand.hip

4 hours ago, Smicksus said:

Hi Magicians,

I've a collsion container wich my grains can fall in and settle. That works, but when my container get's eaten away where I want my grains to fall trough all the grains explode. I've tried increasing the substeps for the solver aswell as the collision passes but that dosn't seem to help... 
Can someone please look into my hipfile and tell me what I can do to get a better result?

Thanks so much in advance!

example_sand.hip

Hi, here you can find a possible solution.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

Hi, here you can find a possible solution.

Thank you for that! I might have to look into how I can add subframes to my collision data. I never tought about that. Do you maybe have a source for a tutorial on using the retime node to get subframes in my collsion source?

2 hours ago, Smicksus said:

Thank you for that! I might have to look into how I can add subframes to my collision data. I never tought about that. Do you maybe have a source for a tutorial on using the retime node to get subframes in my collsion source?

In the topic from the link there is an example file, called collisionChangeTopo_dv.hipnc and there is one method of retiming by timeshift sop inside it.

Also: https://www.cgcircuit.com/tutorial/introduction-to-retime

it's free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vicvvsh said:

In the topic from the link there is an example file, called collisionChangeTopo_dv.hipnc and there is one method of retiming by timeshift sop inside it.

Also: https://www.cgcircuit.com/tutorial/introduction-to-retime

it's free.

oh wow thank you for that great free recource! I'm sure I can work myself out of my problem now :)