White spots on ocean render manta

Pj20

Hi,

I am getting white spots when i add any lights(spot,distant etc) on the ocean surface. 

Also after using the lights a lot, the displacement also goes at several places.

I wont be able to post the file but i can post the setting images or whatever else is needed.

I went through other forums but sadly they did not work well. Reducing the color limit did not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Inkedoceanbig_withtexture.whitewater.0000002_LI.thumb.jpg.178d695ac09d8e79ed31586d197e3602.jpgInkedtry.oceanbig_withtexture_2.whitewater.0000001_LI.jpg.7c92b8459bcecabcfc002ea2a1a95597.jpg

Edited by Pj20

A few things you could try:

1. In your mantra rop node, try to increase reflection quality. 

2. In your ocean shader node, go to ocean shader tab > reflections and try to slightly increase reflect roughness, or decrease reflect intensity.

3. If there is a particular light which seems to cause a lot of trouble, you can remove reflections from it using contributions.

Let me know if any of these helped.

A good thing I like to do when I see noise like that is render a frame with all the different passes (reflection, diffuse, subsurf, etc.) Its most likely reflection but its a good way to be absolutely positive. Once you figure that out you can find what you need to increase (pixel samples, limits, etc.) and that should remove most noise!

Hey thanks for the reply.

So 1) did not work.

in 2) it kinda worked when i increased the roughness to 0.2 :))but naturally added more smudged up spots. Dont know if thats better in adding realism?

Have attached pictures for with/without.

untitled01.jpg.e23de58701f0e17757701c567b7993a5.jpguntitled1.jpg.8daf568b421919c573bd325739419aed.jpg

3) yeah definitely but it happens with most lights.

Appreciate the reply.:)

• Like 1