Hey there!

Can anyone tell me the process & the use of 'opinputpath'. We can simply select the SOP path, then why do we need 'opinputpath' ? In Houdini documentation, it is written that it returns the full path, but i am not understanding what path it will return ?

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks!

What i understand is, let's for an example,

We packed the geometry and after that we set dopimport to take out the dop network into SOP. Now in DOP network in rbdpacked object we set the path like this `opinputpath("/obj/name of geometry node/dopimport/",0)`, so here what it means ? What i understood is it takes the packed geometry from SOP and what all things we done in DOP network it gives back to SOP through dopimport node. Is it right ?

A path is typically a string formatted as an address, like you mentioned /obj/geo/...

opinputpath() is a function that returns that string, using arguments, so opinputpath(".",0) will return the path of the node connected to this node on first input, without having to hardcode node names into the expression.

In the first argument of opinputpath() function, you can still specify a path of a node whose input you want to read, so for example opinputpath("/obj/geo/attribwrangle1",0) will look for the node called attribwrangle1, then get the path of its first input.