Hero Object with multiple imported instances

Hans Peter

8 hours ago, Hans Peter said:

Hey, I was wondering how I can have the hero object inherit multiple incomming objects but treat them as seperate items. I can import one item,  replicate it in dops and adjust each one with $OBJID but cannot import multiple layed out objects without having them act as one entity. 

hero.hiplc

Hi, use packed geometry with different s@name for each piece of geo and RBD Packed Object dop.

Unfortunately not working with a hero object. It doesnt react to names. I want this object especially for interactions with fluids. its working nicely in terms of re-solving but I dont wanna add object by object. Imagine a container ship with hundrets of containers on it. It will treat all of those containers as one big thing. 

Edited by Hans Peter

It seems to easily work when just using unpacked RBDs with an rbd fractured object in dops. So it gives interactions with fluids, even inheriting multiple RBDs. Just another question: how do I get unpacked rbds to follow animations? The usual attribs (animated, active etc.) dont apply?

Using the parameter "deforming" brings in the sop level anim. I think there is an attrib called animategeo. Unfortunately I cant overwrite it for specific elements.Seems to work with fluids when you just take unpacked RBDs with the rbd fractured object for example.