Vellum activation with pyrosourcespread

Tijack

Hi people,

I'm working on a simulation where, as saying in the title, pyrosourcespread is driving the activation for my vellum sim.

Eveything is doing well, BUT for some reason, the attribute @totalburn that i'm using to drive the simulation, back to 0 sometimes.
What can I do to keek my total burn to the same level and never back to an inferior value that create this kind of "stairs effect".

Look at my test file.

Thanks for your help and knowledge.

Nik

SPHERE.hip

Hello,

I attached my fix on your file.

Tbh, i don't realy like creating a dop from scratch to do Vellum. I think the sop vellum solver is really good starting point. Then, i always "allow editing" and start modifying it to my need, like in this case. Using a multi solver should never be a solution or only in very very complex case. You don't need it to use a sop solver. You can simply add it like i did. Also, the attribute to trigger its activation is called "stopped" in vellum. It needs to be an integer.

SPHERE_fix.hip

PS : ça fait zumba cafew cafew carnaval, marseille <3

Edited by ThisIsDolan

3 hours ago, ThisIsDolan said:

Hello,

I attached my fix on your file.

Tbh, i don't realy like creating a dop from scratch to do Vellum. I think the sop vellum solver is really good starting point. Then, i always "allow editing" and start modifying it to my need, like in this case. Using a multi solver should never be a solution or only in very very complex case. You don't need it to use a sop solver. You can simply add it like i did. Also, the attribute to trigger its activation is called "stopped" in vellum. It needs to be an integer.

SPHERE_fix.hip

PS : ça fait zumba cafew cafew carnaval, marseille <3

PS answer : héhé... à Marseille, je ne connais pas Zumba cafew, mais ici c'est le carnaval c'est clair ;) !

So ... Thanks a lot,
I tried to understood what you did.
I appreciate the new stuff I saw in the modifying file. But it's a bit complex for me to jump into the vellumsolver like you did. Too much nodes for my small eyes !

So I recreate with the dopnet what you did and what I understand, is that the big difference to have a correct simulation was to change in the sopsolver my attribtransfer with your attricopy.
Would you agree with that ?

I'm surprise, I can't see what make a so big difference between them ! But looks like it was the problem.

Thanks again (nice showreel between)

Edited by Tijack

20 hours ago, Tijack said:

PS answer : héhé... à Marseille, je ne connais pas Zumba cafew, mais ici c'est le carnaval c'est clair ;) !

So ... Thanks a lot,
I tried to understood what you did.
I appreciate the new stuff I saw in the modifying file. But it's a bit complex for me to jump into the vellumsolver like you did. Too much nodes for my small eyes !

So I recreate with the dopnet what you did and what I understand, is that the big difference to have a correct simulation was to change in the sopsolver my attribtransfer with your attricopy.
Would you agree with that ?

I'm surprise, I can't see what make a so big difference between them ! But looks like it was the problem.

Thanks again (nice showreel between)

Glad I helped you! Yes of course, it's just a about your own preference. And thank you! :D