How To Mute Animation Channel

lisux

In the channel editor's dopesheet, that's what the button to the right of the channel name does.

Thanks.

It works, but I think that a more accesible way will be great, for example like in Maya, if one could RMB on the parameter and then select mute animations will be great.

Thanks.

It works, but I think that a more accesible way will be great, for example like in Maya, if one could RMB on the parameter and then select mute animations will be great.

Goodness!! I never knew you can do that! When did this feature got in? I agree with lisux here that there should be a more accessible way of disabling it in parameter field.

Although I do wonder what would happen if one day I disabled a couple of keys, went and take a coffee break, come back forgot about those disabled key, then wondering why my setup seems to freeze in the middle of the space doesn't move...

Goodness!! I never knew you can do that! When did this feature got in? I agree with lisux here that there should be a more accessible way of disabling it in parameter field.

Although I do wonder what would happen if one day I disabled a couple of keys, went and take a coffee break, come back forgot about those disabled key, then wondering why my setup seems to freeze in the middle of the space doesn't move...

This is the reason because Maya changte the background color of the parametrs that are muted, I think that it changes to brown, so you can remember that these parameters are muted.

I think Houdini could do with a bit more of that idea.

Channels with animation - green - good

Channels that are locked - pink - good

Exported chop channels - orange - good

Channels with pretransforms - nothing - bad

Channels that are muted - nothing - bad also

Can anyone think of any other hidden channel effects that could do with a highlight colour?

Maybe channels that reference other channels should be different too..??

Edited by sibarrick