vellum release points

teno

Hi, please help with apparently simple vellum sim. 

I need to progressive release anchor points for a certain group of points. For a fur browned away by wind.

I tried to use the i@stopped var, and switch it from 0 to 1 within a mask. But always some strings escapes earlier and I can't understand why. vellum_release anchor points_ask.hiplc

Also, why @z_mask from MaskFromGeo doesn't pass through solver.  It's value is fine till the solver, and after that it becomes always 1.

And the last thing, why some of the points are initialize with @stopped = 3, even I tried to set it up by hand.

Thanks

2022-03-28_11-24-04.thumb.jpg.ea58b0303420d6202f877c8bc8ef7828.jpg2022-03-28_11-25-14.thumb.jpg.3eb2bff96f896081c50d993e734e675c.jpg

vellum_release anchor points_ask.hiplc

Edited by teno

I think the problem is in the 1:1 point assumption you are making inside the PopWrangle. After the copy, the point count has changed. Try fetching the attribute on another input, from farther upstream, before the CopyToPoints. Then your @ptnum should match the group count you're running over.

hair_release.gif

ap_vellum_release anchor points_ask.hiplc

Edited by Atom

7 hours ago, Atom said:

I think the problem is in the 1:1 point assumption you are making inside the PopWrangle. After the copy, the point count has changed. Try fetching the attribute on another input, from farther upstream, before the CopyToPoints. Then your @ptnum should match the group count you're running over.

hair_release.gif

ap_vellum_release anchor points_ask.hiplc

I'll try it, thanks.