Voronoifracture breaks the 3D model

Good afternoon, I am following the tutorial of Steven Knipping, Rigids III (H18,5), which I managed to finished so then I downloaded a car from the internet and I set it up in Maya (names, groups, etc), as well as the model of Steven. Once finished I exported the alembic to Houdini and I started again the same tutorial but with the car. The thing is that once I started to use the Voronoifracture node the model just broke up. I'm aware that maybe it should be because the geometry is not cleant enough and it needs to be closed, but I don't want to start working on it if I'm not sure what is the mistake and how I can solve it. I'm going to leave some pics here so you can know what I did and what is the mistake. Do I need to extrude all the geometry that is not closed? Could it be something else? Some parts of the car like the doors and the interior are going to be hard to close because of the way they are modeled (maybe they are well modeled and I'm not experienced enough to realize it). I really expent a lot of time organizing and renaming all the objects, which I didn't mind to do because the final result and the process is worth it but I don't want to start fixing something that maybe is not needed to be fixed. I'm a bit lost in this step :S

car_fractured.png

helicopter_fractured.png

leftDoor_01.png

leftDoor_02.png

rim_01.png

rim_02.png

5 minutes ago, dleonhardt said:

Every part of the model needs thickness. Open surfaces will almost always cause trouble with fracturing.

Thanks dleonhardt, I will  try to close the open geometry :)