animated uv alembic issue

Hey all, 

I have some geo based lava where im throwing the @uv through a solver offsetting the v value so it appears to flow.  I'm trying to bring this into cinema, but the uv's seem to be static.  When I re import the alembic into houdini, everything is animated and working.  Anyone ever run into this?  @uv is on vertex and shows up in cinema, just not animated.   Thanks for any help in advance!   

untitled.mp462c5fab87b014_Screenshot2022-07-06171153.thumb.png.6e0e6f15c19eab9a934ba1ab84feac07.png

I'm pretty sure that the UV tag in C4d doesn't support animation. That must be the problem.

This should be possible by placing your UVs in another attribute that will be read as a vertex map. Then in c4d you would have to use expresso or python to transfer your uvs on the fly.

If anyone would have a simpler solution I am also interested

• Like 1

Any leads how do achieve this in xpresso or python?  Would you be feeding the custom attr on to the UV tag? or in a vertex map shader or something of the sort? Thanks for your help, thought I was going crazy there.