Reduce Alembic animation filesize

1 hour ago, haggi said:

If you set the "Packed Transform" in the alembic "Geometry" tab to "Transform Geometry" instead of "Deform Geometry" you can save some diskspace. And don't forget to delete the unneeded attribute from the geometry.

Thank you haggi! yeah already tried those. it did decrease the filesize but it is still much higher than a still alembic export.

The one i am exporting is around 5mb static alembic and 80mb animated alembic(650frames) with packed primitives and no attributes...the geometry setting set to Transform Geometry as well.

I'm not completely sure what exactly is happening in your network, but as soon as you have some prim or point based animations, it will be heavy to reduce the abc filesize. If possible, you could animate points instead of full geometry and then later use a copyToPoints sop to transfer the animation. This would only work if no prims are involved in the animation.

18 minutes ago, haggi said:

I'm not completely sure what exactly is happening in your network, but as soon as you have some prim or point based animations, it will be heavy to reduce the abc filesize. If possible, you could animate points instead of full geometry and then later use a copyToPoints sop to transfer the animation. This would only work if no prims are involved in the animation.

i have attached my test file, if you could take a look. I am doing my animation using mops, so i am working with packed primitives.

I have made a hierarchical packing because it was needed for my project. i unpack and animate the primitives of each level. In the end i have the last level of packed primitives and i save that as alembic