simulate from point instamce / modifypointinstances lops

Drunkenpanda

Hello dear people of the force.

In lops:
I have been trying to set up a simulation that takes existing point instances and then modifies them with a dop inside a sopnetwork.
I have been looking at the drop node to try and kitbash a solution.
I keep on having the problem that it just doesn`t work.
I also can`t get modify point instances to work

balls_test2.hiplc

• 3 months later...

The modify point instances LOP deals with point instances only - you're creating native instances. 
Replace the modify point instances LOP with a SOP Modify LOP, dive inside and drop a rbd bullet solver, enable ground plane in the collision section, lower the ground plane, and watch your pieces fall to the ground.
Otherwise, change the instancer LOP to output point instances, set the primpath on the modify point instances LOP to "/Rock_Circle_1[*]" (the LOP nodes that deal with point instances take a special syntax to specify which instances to work on - look at the docs for more info) and dive inside, remove all the nodes you've added since the instances are now available from the subnetwork first input, connect that to a rbd bullet solver, and same as previously, enable ground plane, etc... jump out and watch the point instances you have specified tumble.