Periodic water ripples from objects in water: Shallow water solver breaks

HerzogVonWiesel

Hey there! I am asking for some help regarding water ripples. I've put this together in C4D but of course it's not in any way realistic, need Hou for that. I want to create water ripples emerging from the objects; and I've started using the shallow water solver, but I've not quite grasped the concept with how I would do these emerging waves (creating a volume velocity field was not really successful, (but I'm not super knowledgeable, who knows)).

It's looking alright per se if I set the colliding objects as the seabed layer and input a water layer as well, however once I try to create the emerging ripples using the objects as a mask for the source layer, the whole sim breaks.
If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it, maybe there's another better way. Thank you in advance!

iIyxXY.png

image (1).png

@HerzogVonWiesel if you mean this by periodic ..setup( Source Freq Once per Frame and Use Heightfield mask by object "above Surface"..(then you can use that mask for heigt or Sink endless possibility and dive inside Node and you can Change everything . or post your file for detailed investigation.

smRECsssdddtttsr.gif

6 hours ago, Librarian said:

@HerzogVonWiesel if you mean this by periodic ..setup( Source Freq Once per Frame and Use Heightfield mask by object "above Surface"..(then you can use that mask for heigt or Sink endless possibility and dive inside Node and you can Change everything . or post your file for detailed investigation.

smRECsssdddtttsr.gif

That is basically the setup I have going already. If you want you can take a look, but as you can see it breaks if I try to add more as a source (~Frame 55)

water.hip

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...