Mplay Problem

Hello,

This is probably a silly question, but I'll ask anyway...

When I press the RBG/A buttons of the MPlay, when I want to see the alpha image, for example, the Houdini Console pops up with this error:

Failed to load shader : ogl2/ogl2_imagecc_basic.frag

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Yaron

Hi,

The error is due to your graphics card not supporting fragment shaders. If you're using an ATI graphics card, type 'd' in mplay and click on the "Video Card Options...". In the dialog, select "Common Features Only" or "Best Compatibility" then Close. Now try displaying Alpha again.

If you're using a Nvidia card, it depends on the model & driver version. The newer cards should support fragment shaders but if you're not sure, it's best to set the Video Card Options... as per above.

Hope the above helps!

Cheers!

steven

I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with the new Catalyst drivers. Everything in Mplay was working perfectly for me, up until I had to reformat my laptop. When I reinstalled everything, I grabbed the most recent Catalyst drivers they had, and I suddenly started getting this issue.

Yeah, unfortunately video drivers exemplify the statement, "New is not always better". It's very much a gamble, especially when using consumer level cards with professional applications. I guess the new OpenGL driver somehow meets all the shader requirements, but still fails to parse the shader.