Vellum Aluminum Foil: Changing bend stiffness

Lennart

Hi,

I was trying to make an Aluminum foil like crumpling Effect using Vellum Cloth. My Idea was to change the Bend Stiffness for every solve, according to the stress Attribute of the vellum cloth constraint. Now I just got stuck immediately. I tried doing it onDOP and SOP level, but Im failing already while trying to change the bend stiffness at all. As I see there are two Constraint attributes that are candidates: stiffness, and compression stiffness. The bend stiffness Parameter, that i can change in the Vellum Configure Cloth Sop though, doesnt appear to be any of those. I tried using the vellum constraint properties, both in SOP and DOP, but to no success.

If this aint possible to do in SOPs: how can i read the "stress" Constraint attribute in DOP level? As of my understanding You dont really read and write attributes on DOP level.

This whole thing is an exploration, so im aware that this might not produce the desired Aluminum foil look in the end.

thanks for your time and i would be happy to hear some different approach to this.