Cycle carve (or path deform) so it continues around path?

bentway23

Is there a way to cycle a carve so that once it hits the end of the curve it continues on around? The only examples I can find have the carve looping, but it completely ends and then starts again, it doesn't continue the curve around (so it goes from 1 back to 0, with the second U still finishing up, and the--in this case--swept curve keeps its thickness as it cycles? I also tried just using a path deform since these are simple shapes, but outside of 0 to 1 it just floats outside the curve, doesn't wrap back around. I'm sure there's somewhere I just need to throw a modulo, I just can't find it.

Set two key frames on the carve between the range of 0-1. Right click on the label and choose Motion FX/ Cycle. The distance between the two keyframes becomes the speed of the carve.

Edited by Atom

Thanks for the reply--this wasn't what I was looking for, though--it just resets the carve, blanking it out and starting it again. I'm looking for something that keeps the swept or deformed shape intact, just circling around the path, not just disappearing at the end.