Karma XPU H20 volume holdout issue

Hi,
I'm trying use my explosion VDB (density,scatter,temperature,vel) as a holdout using the render geometry settings and it doesn't seem to work, as I'm still able to see my explosion. Is there any other setting that I need to be aware of for this to work.
pls let me know.
Thanks,
Ganesh

11 minutes ago, fencer said:

rendergeometrysettings

Primitives  > /object_path/

Shading > Holdout mode > Matte

Thanks..I have done that already. But for some reason its not not working when i set to matte but it does work when i set it to phantom as phantom

Edited by g17

27 minutes ago, fencer said:

Are you sure you're getting what expect?

Matte is masking by object (will be empty space instead of object), Phantom keep object behind and add shadows from phantom object.

So ..to be clear .when i set it to matte I'm still seeing my explosion instead of empty space  which is the issue I'm facing
.and when i set it to phantom.. the explosion is not visible in primary ray but visible in seondaries .. which is working as expected

Edited by g17

Thanks for the file Paul Really appreciate it .I totally agree with u as i am loosing the correct density masking.
i did try disabling fire and scatter..it didn't do any good. But i will look into your file.

and also duplicating the pyro and using one for matte and one for phantom is a great idea...
thanks you again.

Cheers,

Ganesh