Pyro Bake Volume cropping pyro?!

5DNick

Dear Forumers,

I thought my .hip was not necessary as there maybe an easy answer here I am missing.

I have a pyro sim that seems to be cropped by the bake volume node. Why? This happens even when it is dense.

I am thinking it's the bake node because if I display flag the pyro before it, I see the whole bounds (uncropped) and if I flag the bake then I see the cropping bound size that renders.

Weirdly, and maybe showing it's NOT the bake node, if I bypass the bake and go to a material node with a karma pyro mat assigned to it, the cropping still renders!

Anyway I am confused, although I bet there's a simple explanation.

Thanks,

Nick

Not sure I understand, what I see is two different initial shapes for density and temperature, probably this causes the issue.

pyrobakevolume/volumevisualization could clamp final output by density or so.

4 hours ago, fencer said:

Not sure I understand, what I see is two different initial shapes for density and temperature, probably this causes the issue.

pyrobakevolume/volumevisualization could clamp final output by density or so.

YES! Thankyou fencer. I believe I discovered this by fiddling as you typed this! Spooky! But nice to have confirmation.

PS: AND/OR combined with my density not being sourced from the initial bounds?

I'm still SLIGHTLY confused because I would think the dynamic resizing would fix this.

Edited by 5DNick
update