RBD animated collider jitter

revelationsr

Hello, I have been fighting this problem for days. I am hoping someone can have some useful advice.

I have a scene with about 10 000 RBD objects These objects are in a bath tube size container. So they are stacked on top of each over filling the container about half way.

The next part of the scene is that the floor of the container is meant to rise up, pushing the objects up and eventually out of the container. The simulation works fine except for one issue. The contact between the floor and the objects seems me make the objects jittery. This happens when the moment of the floor starts. Imaging for a moment you focus your attention on a single one of the objects. As the floor rises the object does not move. Once the object reaches some kind of "collision threshold" with the floor the object then moves rapidly up over 1 frame to reach its new location where it no longer intersects. Pushing all the objects above it in a staggered way creating jitter. All objects colliding with the moving floor does this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also a secondary question. I am simming with low rez proxies. I would like to replace them with the high rez ones. What is the node for that. I used it many years back and I cant for the life of me remember the name.

Cheers