vel control

Hey guys.  

how can I control vel like this picture? I used minpos but particles stick to the surface and my work hasn't 3d dimension. I need to add a random speed, direction, and noise to the particles and have dimension. 

my particles move is very flat. 

Untitled.png

_Hole.hip

Edited by mohammadzand

There are 2 option you can consider:

1. Do a box with your hole mesh hallow inside present as divergence ehich will help you to pressure the stream into the area you want (look for divergence with smoke you will ubderstand)

2. You cand build gradient field from density or surface collision then snap the position of the oncurrent stream into where you want

Addtional information, use your hole center at position where all N is destination, make the velocity to pull all those direction to hole, convert to a vel field you want

https://youtu.be/wABDw7cgumM?si=O1_HssyfAYw-TlaK

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 5:11 AM, paranoidx said:

There are 2 option you can consider:

1. Do a box with your hole mesh hallow inside present as divergence ehich will help you to pressure the stream into the area you want (look for divergence with smoke you will ubderstand)

2. You cand build gradient field from density or surface collision then snap the position of the oncurrent stream into where you want

Addtional information, use your hole center at position where all N is destination, make the velocity to pull all those direction to hole, convert to a vel field you want

https://youtu.be/wABDw7cgumM?si=O1_HssyfAYw-TlaK

appreciate you.