Trouble Rendering Scene With Deformation Blur

cspears2002

I have been working through the Dynamics Quicktart tutorial from the Side Effects website. I tried to render the final scene with a deformation blur. However, the scene renders without a blue and gives me the following error message:

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:4/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:4/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:5/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:5/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/fetch_scene:[0] and /obj/fetch_scene:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:8/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:8/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:10/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:10/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:9/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:9/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:15/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:15/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:14/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:14/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:13/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:13/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/fetch_vase:[0] and /obj/fetch_vase:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:11/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:11/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:12/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:12/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:7/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:7/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:0/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:0/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

Warning: topology for /obj/rbd_dopnet:6/Geometry:[0] and /obj/rbd_dopnet:6/Geometry:[1] doesn't match - no deformation blur will occur

What does the error message mean?

dynamic_start_chris_v07.hipnc

hey Chris,

It means that the geometry is changing from one frame to the next. It happens when the number of points is changing. Either geometry is being deleted or created.This prevents motion blur from being calculated correclty.

It's strange i don't get that error when i render your file. Any way i changed the motion blur type to verlocity attribute MB. And added a trail sop after your obj merge node. I cranked the velocity scale up a bit. I also decreased the shutter angle of the camera.

Cheers

dynamic_start_chris_v07.hipnc

Edited by ihab

Thanks Ihab. I'll take a look at your scene file. I seem to be "losing" the geometry. After I attempted to render with the deformation blur, I checked /obj/fetch_scene/object_merge1. The node had a yellow flag. When I click on the node, get the following error message:

Invalid sop specificed: "/obj/rbd_dopnet:rbd_keyframe/Geometry"

Invalid sop specificed: "/obj/rbd_dopnet:rbd_tabletop/Geometry"

Invalid sop specificed: "/obj/rbd_dopnet:rbd_tablelegs*/Geometry"

etc.

Basically, all of the objects inthe object_merge1 node are listed. The same happens in /obj/fetch_vase/object_merge1