How could I approach doing an Ice Cream Scoop animation?

Hello I am trying to achieve something similar to the example video where a scoop comes in and scoops out some ice cream. I've only seen this done once recently and it looked like the person used grains, but it didn't look as real as what I'm going for. Does anyone have any ideas on how best to approach this? Is grains the only option besides using a bend node and keyframe animating?

Thank you for your time in advance!

On 6/7/2024 at 2:33 PM, hannes603 said:

@hannes603 so i had a twiddle and just played with the scoop animation but i seem to be hitting an issue... in that the icecream seems to stop being scooped midway through - why would that be do you think?

Is the same setup as yours with half the grains for speed - but you can see in the gif i made its like the icecream stops getting "collected" ?

iceCream_issue.gif

19 minutes ago, anthonymcgrath said:

@hannes603 so i had a twiddle and just played with the scoop animation but i seem to be hitting an issue... in that the icecream seems to stop being scooped midway through - why would that be do you think?

Is the same setup as yours with half the grains for speed - but you can see in the gif i made its like the icecream stops getting "collected" ?

iceCream_issue.gif

substeps maybe?

• Like 1