Acos In Vops

kubabuk

Hi there,

I can't find how can I calculate acos of the input value in VOPs? Is there any operator where I could just type VEX code? I will be grateful for any kind of example.

thanks

kuba

Trigonometric Functions VOP?

Hi there,

I can't find how can I calculate acos of the input value in VOPs? Is there any operator where I could just type VEX code? I will be grateful for any kind of example.

thanks

kuba

Maybe I don't quite understand you, but isn't Trigonometry VOP doing what you need?

Maybe I don't quite understand you, but isn't Trigonometry VOP doing what you need?

This was tricky for me at first too because I intuitively tried to tab->sin...no wait tab->s... nothing.. hrm... tab->(look around). I kept passing over the trig vop.

This was tricky for me at first too because I intuitively tried to tab->sin...no wait tab->s... nothing.. hrm... tab->(look around). I kept passing over the trig vop.

This is somehow a side effect of brilliant idea with "TAB+tool_name" menus. You must actually precisely KNOW the tool name to use it! This is not so easy for beginners and not native speakers. You have no idea how many times I forgot "Sort" phrase!: Order?, no! Shift?, F..ck! no! Arrange? Sh..t! No! Sort!? Victory! Of course you can always skim through context menus... but there are much more enigmatic phrases. Few of my favorites are related to Nurbs modeling: clay, carve, fillet...

...and revolve. I hate "revolve". I've always forgot it.

The same with "Shading Layer Parameter" in VOPs which actually can not be found with "UV..." letters what tends to be so intuitive...

This could sound funny, but I think has some impact for difficulties with learning Houdini.

cheers,

sy.

Edited by SYmek

Maybe there will be or already is a way to remap those menus?

Georg

There is a way to build custom menus but there is no straight answer how this new order should look like. It is a matter of generality of Houdini tools. It's hard to define context for some of them.