How To Copy Animation Channels

Nico D.

I'm trying to copy the animation from same object on different scenes.

Now I exported a bclip from chops, then I import it on the new scene and export from chops to the same object. But now I need to change the animation and all channels are "overriden" and cannot find how to "bake" that exported channels onto my object.

Why not just copy and paste the channel directly rather than going through chops?

Copying channels between different scenes is not working. I have to merge the old one and then copy channels between objects on the same scene.

I also try to import an animation clip into the scoped channels at the channel editor but gives an error when importing.

• 1 month later...

You can use the pose library tool.

Select the object you want to export. In the channel list, make sure you have scoped all the channels you want to export.

Open the help browser. Go to the Pose Library. (see below for H8 and H9 instructions)

Press Save Pose. Follow directions and save the pose.

Note: You can also save an animation by specifying a range instead of a single frame range.

Save your scene and close.

Open up the other scene. Select the target object. Open the Pose Library and apply the pose.

To open the Pose library in H8, open the help and in the Go Menu at the very top left side, select "Pose Library"

In H9, that widget didn't make it (so far) so you have to type in the path:

file:///opt/hfs9.0.715/houdini/html/poselib/index.html

where file:///opt/hfs9.0.715 is the path to your houdini installation.