Particles Collision Problem

darkchild

I am using particles to make rain..the collision of particles works finr with houdini geometrys but when i use OBJs, the particles dont recognize..ive reversed the normals and i tried converting it to a polygon but it doesnt seem to work..i have to submit this in 6 days!!someone help please!!!

i tried using the divide sop and triangulating it and setting the hint geometry on the collision pop to deforming surface..now when the particles come near the surface..they hit..but not slide for some reason and when they split up, they look like spheres..this whole thing was working fine with a sphere and a slanting grid created in houdini..its just the obj thats causing probs...the obj is a car btw!!

Edited by darkchild

It doesn't help much if you don't provide the .obj file too or explain where the problem in the .hip file it is. :)

im sorry im in a slightly panicky stage at the moment and i feel like ive been awake forever!!

in the hip file, the problem is the collision in the rain_sphere pop which is in the rain 21.43 digital asset

heres the obj, im attatching the obj but it says no current attatchments..so if u dont get it, try any obj u have lying around on ur sys ;)

ok its not attatching my obj for some reason...i tried twice!!

Edited by darkchild

im sorry im in a slightly panicky stage at the moment and i feel like ive been awake forever!!

in the hip file, the problem is the collision in the rain_sphere pop which is in the rain 21.43 digital asset

heres the obj, im attatching the obj but it says no current attatchments..so if u dont get it, try any obj u have lying around on ur sys ;)

ok its not attatching my obj for some reason...i tried twice!!

Just Lock the File SOP that is bringing in your obj file, resave and upload. Since its locked, you wont need to upload the obj file.

it says not attatched even after i upload the file

!

Is your OBJ bigger than 2MB because that is the max file size that is allowed to be uploaded.

Just in case it is less than 2MB, here is an example file where I have a an obj of a sphere being brought into a FILE SOP. I locked the FILE SOP so that it preserves the geometry regardless of where the actual obj file path is pointing.

nodeLock_Test.hip

Edited by SpencerL

Is your OBJ bigger than 2MB because that is the max file size that is allowed to be uploaded.

Just in case it is less than 2MB, here is an example file where I have a an obj of a sphere being brought into a FILE SOP. I locked the FILE SOP so that it preserves the geometry regardless of where the actual obj file path is pointing.

yeh it probably was bigger, but i fixed the problem anyway!!thanks for ur help guys

• 3 weeks later...