Particle Fluids Inward Collisions

bealobo

Hi!

I'm new to Houdini, I'm learning it and I like it a lot!

I think this is my first post, although I read the forum, so hello to everyone.

:D

I like effects and work with fluids so I was curious about Houdini fluids and made a couple of tests with the Particle Fluid Solver. So, my question is...

When making an inward collision I've tried reversing normals (point SOP) but it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone confirm that it is needed to make a boolean with two boxes for getting inward collisions?

Does it take more resources as there is more geometry to check? Or is it not relevant?

Thanks!

On your collision object DOP, under the collision tab, I would tick on Show Collision Guide Geometry. This represents what your fluid is colliding with. Depending on what your collision object is, you may need to turn up division, turn off Laser Scan or possibly tick on Invert Sign.

On your collision object DOP, under the collision tab, I would tick on Show Collision Guide Geometry. This represents what your fluid is colliding with. Depending on what your collision object is, you may need to turn up division, turn off Laser Scan or possibly tick on Invert Sign.

Another tip; its often not easy to tell if the Collision Volume is inside out or not since they generate the same mesh. The easiest way to check this is to turn on the display of primitive normals in the viewport and check if the normals are facing inward or outward.

Jason.

PS. It would be easier if the viewport also displayed the true Volume as well and this tinted the inside or outside of the object or something like that where it would be easier to see it at a glance. That should be an RFE for SESI.