Fluids

darkchild

hello,

im having to use houdini 9 to finish off a project i started with 8.2

i have a basic rain structure using the pop network and id very much like to use the particle fluid from object ..but im not completely sure how to pipe it into my network..i tried using DOP import but i must be doing something wrong.If theres another way to make rain using the new houdini fluids id be grateful if someone could tell me.

also, with the liquid container, it doesnt seem to work as well if u reduce the size of the container and the size of the fluid object.i want to make a drain which has water flowing into it from a pipe.

any suggestions would be helpful..i have 3 weeks left!

thanks in advance

Edited by darkchild

Without more information I would say that you don't really need a fluid sim to do rain. As a general technique I would reccomend chopping up your frame into different effects instead of trying to do everything with one sim.

So, what exactly are you doing?

hello,

im having to use houdini 9 to finish off a project i started with 8.2

i have a basic rain structure using the pop network and id very much like to use the particle fluid from object ..but im not completely sure how to pipe it into my network..i tried using DOP import but i must be doing something wrong.If theres another way to make rain using the new houdini fluids id be grateful if someone could tell me.

also, with the liquid container, it doesnt seem to work as well if u reduce the size of the container and the size of the fluid object.i want to make a drain which has water flowing into it from a pipe.

any suggestions would be helpful..i have 3 weeks left!

thanks in advance

Without more information I would say that you don't really need a fluid sim to do rain. As a general technique I would reccomend chopping up your frame into different effects instead of trying to do everything with one sim.

So, what exactly are you doing?

well, im making a rain scene..i know i wouldnt really need fluid sim to make the rain..i already made the rain before its just that it doesnt make puddles like the fluids do and i was hoping there was a way to wire the fluid particle into it ..like maybe copy it onto the particles or something

so far my plan is to make a drain pipe with water flowing into a trough like thing which would need the fluids. but then like i said the fluid sim doesn work as well if the container becomes smaller or the emitter object is smaller. i just need my rain and the effect to look more realistic

well, im making a rain scene..i know i wouldnt really need fluid sim to make the rain..i already made the rain before its just that it doesnt make puddles like the fluids do and i was hoping there was a way to wire the fluid particle into it ..like maybe copy it onto the particles or something

so far my plan is to make a drain pipe with water flowing into a trough like thing which would need the fluids. but then like i said the fluid sim doesn work as well if the container becomes smaller or the emitter object is smaller. i just need my rain and the effect to look more realistic

I would check out the various particle fluid example files included in the help. That would be a good starting point.

I would check out the various particle fluid example files included in the help. That would be a good starting point.

yeh i have looked at all the examples and i know how to work it..its just reducing the size of the container causes problems and theres no mention of wiring the fluids into a particle network

Please post an image of the scene so we could get a clearer view of what you want to happen.

yeh i have looked at all the examples and i know how to work it..its just reducing the size of the container causes problems and theres no mention of wiring the fluids into a particle network