Houdini 101: Interface And Workflow

*Deep breath*

I am trying to copy the cover art effect in the Houdini 101:interface and workflow. See image here:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/img/dvd_t...he01/ghe01b.jpg

As you can see his whole line from end to end is wavy. I am using one image so its not going to look like that unless i copy the same image a few times. I am trying to get ONE image to look just like one of his images. I am running into problems. If you take a look at Lines_with_noise you can see He pretty much got the effect i am trying to get (say for maybe its not wavy enough but it works) If you take my hipnc file in the zip folder. You will see that I have a Image called yes Temari but its really a yamaha R6. I tryed to copy the nodes from lines_with_noise.hip and plug them into my file but the image goes black. I also did the same thing with the 10.1 hip from the DVD. I have included the file from the DVD in the zip folder. I keep doing what people on http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com...asc&start=0

tell me to do but its flat out not working. I guess you could say I am looking for a . Cover_art.hip file Open up the file click the last node in the tree hey your picture looks just like the cover art. Me...Now i can go node for node and see how it was done. Because people telling me to do this do that its not working it is flat out not working.

line_noise_418.hipnc

desperate.zip

Edited by Isxaari

well #1 I don't know why there is an "import COP" being used to bring the image into COPs - change that to a file COP ( TAB > file) and poin it to your image on disc...

then get rid of the local variable crap...I hate those...just plunk down a transform node (not wired into anything) and use it's parameters...

ah hell...

here is a file

http://www.dirtypiratewhores.com/misc/Hard....goldfarb.hipnc

well #1 I don't know why there is an "import COP" being used to bring the image into COPs - change that to a file COP ( TAB > file) and poin it to your image on disc...

then get rid of the local variable crap...I hate those...just plunk down a transform node (not wired into anything) and use it's parameters...

ah hell...

here is a file

http://www.dirtypiratewhores.com/misc/Hard....goldfarb.hipnc

^ Its the only way I know how to import a image. But your file worked. I am not going to be picky either i think with a little work on my end i can tweak it. I should have come here the first day. O_O

Thanks to all. This is what i was looking for. ^_^

Someone in a PM sent me the file that I wanted I mean shit 100% But. LOL I can't get my image to show on these great cover_art lines that *sniff* looks just like the cover.

I also want to know why When I plus in the add color lines it does not work. I want to understand why it was not importing the colors.

pic("/img/import_img/pic_out",$BBX,$BBY,D_CR)

pic("/img/import_img/pic_out",$BBX,$BBY,D_CG)

pic("/img/import_img/pic_out",$BBX,$BBY,D_CB)

It works in the other files I don't see why it won't work in this file as well?

Ah shit. I forgot to name my null1 to pic_out I just did that and the image shows up. Hey Admin. Now that I have the lines like the cover_art and Your lines some how let you still see the image how do I go about doing that in this file. check it out.

edit. If you go to the copy node and change the 14 to a 40 and the 3 to a 1 the image is coming out better is there a way to make it clearer? I guess thats my question

Cover_art.hipnc

Edited by Isxaari

• 2 weeks later...

I guess what I am trying to say is that when I go to the copy node and add more lines it just gets taller. But I don't know how to condense those added lines and make them in a way like the admin did so you can make out the Image.

Edited by Isxaari