Anyone ever seen or worked on PRISMS ?

rohandalvi

the was a big 'sculpture' here in the studio (no idea where it came from or where it is now) that was a big piece of wood (4x8 feet) with CDs nailed to it...shiny side out...one day I took a close look at it and saw that all the CDs were PRISMS install discs

:)

I think that was made by Leo Chan. I really liked that piece.

Started my 3D career learning Prisms 0.? on a SGI 3130 (1988) so that tells ya how old I am ;) Kim Davidson mentored me back when he & Greg were on King Street. Most of the 'modeling' was done digitizing points off of grid paper then writing lots & lots of scripts to build them. I can remember when SOPs were first introduced ... was totally amazed by the concept. I'll have to dig around to see if I still have the original manuals.

Edited by rdms

I started with Softimage|3D in 1994 then I found out about Prisms in 1995/1996. My mind was blown away! I don't know why all 3D apps weren't designed like Prisms then. :P

It was a bit hard to get used to the GUI after learning 3D with Softimage for 1.5 years but proceduralism won me over. :) My favourite is the Copy SOP. I keep smiling when I can interactively adjust my copies easily, unlike Softimage's duplicate function which takes many tries to get right or having to start over when I realise things don't fit. :(

Of course, the Particle SOP is next on the favourites list. :)

Cheers!