mantra and i3d question?

Hi,

I am creating a time laps effects were the clouds change shape and move over time. I tried just working with noise on the shader but I have found working with the i3d gives a better result. Were I am getting stuck is the rendering. I rendered out my i3d sequence and all is well. Now I can not figure out how to update the iso every frame when doing the mantra render. Anyone have any ideas? I tried to use $F to pull in the correct i3d but the iso doesn't like it and errors. Until I figure this out guess I will just have to change it frame by frame :( .

Stephen

P.S. I am not really sure if this is a rendering issue (forgive me its my first post) so feel free to move it if need be.

Hey Stephen

Welcome to odforce!

your approach sounds correct, and $F should itteratate through the files as expected.

Try making sure that the files exist on the drive

then if the file on the drive is numbered with pads then read them in using $F4 ie

volume.0001.ifd = volume.$F4.ifd

volume.1.ifd = volume.$F.ifd

i think its best when posting a question that can be really simple, is to post the file and then someone can open and trouble shoot your network :)

hope this helps.

:)

Hi Stephen,

Could you please post an example of the result for your i3d... just a frame?

... and maybe you would like to describe your i3d workflow briefly...

Will be a great help. Cheers.

Here is the hip file I put some notes in there that i think will explain things well. If you have any other questions ill do my best to answer them.

i3d_cloud_test.hip

Example images from the file showing how it breaks apart.

post-3700-1208485871_thumb.jpgpost-3700-1208485900_thumb.jpgpost-3700-1208485920_thumb.jpg

Here is an image from a bit more testing that I did. Clouds are fun!

post-3700-1208486281_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps, Stephen

• 5 months later...
Here is the hip file I put some notes in there that i think will explain things well. If you have any other questions ill do my best to answer them.

i3d_cloud_test.hip

Example images from the file showing how it breaks apart.

post-3700-1208485871_thumb.jpgpost-3700-1208485900_thumb.jpgpost-3700-1208485920_thumb.jpg

Here is an image from a bit more testing that I did. Clouds are fun!

post-3700-1208486281_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps, Stephen

why no render cloud