glass or water reflection.

Hi all,

I would like to get a reflection form vex glass shop.

I see the environment map is creating some reflection, but It doesnt make the reflection on the surface.

Its not refraction.

Is there any specific options or light position to get reflection on the surface like when you see yourself slightly by reflection on the glass

surface in a mall or like a shop.

Thx,

Hi all,

I would like to get a reflection form vex glass shop.

I see the environment map is creating some reflection, but It doesnt make the reflection on the surface.

Its not refraction.

Is there any specific options or light position to get reflection on the surface like when you see yourself slightly by reflection on the glass

surface in a mall or like a shop.

Thx,

Can you post an image of what you're getting?

And just quickly check that your normals are correct - this is the biggest offender when glass doesn't look right. :)

Can you post an image of what you're getting?

And just quickly check that your normals are correct - this is the biggest offender when glass doesn't look right. :)

Hi, Jason.

I optimized a scen and attached!

I have a image plane which has assigned with vex layered and texture with mandril

and have another image plane which has assigned with vex glass!

I want to reflect the mandril on the surface of the glass.

Thanks

glassReflect0001.hip

Edited by Jae Yoo

Hi,

The reflection is there in your file though it's very faint. For the Glass shader, you have to adjust the Relative index of refraction (IOR) parameter to get reflections to work correctly. Try with an IOR of 1/1.5 (the glass shader's IOR is inverted) and the reflection will show up better.

I've attached a hip file with the settings & also removed the Environment map you're using.

Cheers!

steven

glassReflect0001_v1.zip

Hi,

The reflection is there in your file though it's very faint. For the Glass shader, you have to adjust the Relative index of refraction (IOR) parameter to get reflections to work correctly. Try with an IOR of 1/1.5 (the glass shader's IOR is inverted) and the reflection will show up better.

I've attached a hip file with the settings & also removed the Environment map you're using.

Cheers!

steven

Thanks!

Its working Great!