Leopard rig

robert.magee

If anyone wants to take a crack at the Houdini 9.5 leopard to create either a better walk cycle or even something more interesting like a leap or attack, we have posted the leopard file to the exchange:

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/

The file contains the animation and deform rigs. If you animate it then send the file to gallery@sidefx.com and we can add the fur and render. You can also put WIP here to get feedback before sending it over.

If anyone wants to take a crack at the Houdini 9.5 leopard to create either a better walk cycle or even something more interesting like a leap or attack, we have posted the leopard file to the exchange:

http://www.sidefx.com/exchange/

The file contains the animation and deform rigs. If you animate it then send the file to gallery@sidefx.com and we can add the fur and render. You can also put WIP here to get feedback before sending it over.

After opening the OTL in Houdini Mac 9.5.138 I immediately file>export>filmboxFBX with default settings. I'm trying to open the FBX in MotionBuilder 7.2 r2 with the FBX2009 format and it won't open.

I've also tried opening it with Maya and it won't open.

Exporting simple scenes and opening them in Motionbuilder is working.

Suggestions?

After opening the OTL in Houdini Mac 9.5.138 I immediately file>export>filmboxFBX with default settings. I'm trying to open the FBX in MotionBuilder 7.2 r2 with the FBX2009 format and it won't open. I've also tried opening it with Maya and it won't open.

I'll take a look at it.

Right now I'm in the process of making significant (internal) changes to how more complex hierarchies/subnets are exported, and that may or may not affect it. In any case, once I'm done with that, I'll see what's going here.

Keep in mind, though, that not everything (especially complex rigs) will be exportable in its "as is" form to FBX. For example, there's a whole class of rigs with constraints in Maya that Maya itself doesn't export to FBX properly. The same might be true for some Houdini rigs.