gas resize fluid and vorticle

envil

Hi!!

Suggest me, please..

How I may to use gasVorticleGeomtry node with gasResizeRluid node? Vorticle do not changing position according resized fluids... <_<

thanks

PS

Add "vorticles" into extraField parameter of gasResizeFluid is not work...

Edited by envil

Hi!!

Suggest me, please..

How I may to use gasVorticleGeomtry node with gasResizeRluid node? Vorticle do not changing position according resized fluids... <_<

thanks

PS

Add "vorticles" into extraField parameter of gasResizeFluid is not work...

I happened to try something like this a little while ago. Attached is the result. It generally works, though you'll see some gaps in the vorticles as the sim bounding box gets bigger. The vorticles diffuse pretty quickly however, so it's not too apparent in the resulting sim as you up the resolution.

Basically I took a hint from the internals of the ResizeFluid node and used a SOP Solver to query the bounding box of the fluid's "density" field each frame, after the ResizeFluid node has been run. Meaning you have to move the RecycleVorticles node after the ResizeFluid. Then you just reference that bounding box in the parameters of the RecycleVorticles node.

This should be more clear from the example. I do think there should be some built-in way to do this. Both ResizeFluids and RecycleVorticles generally work great; it's a natural request to want to use them together.

Good luck

resize_smoke_test.hipnc

I happened to try something like this a little while ago. Attached is the result. It generally works, though you'll see some gaps in the vorticles as the sim bounding box gets bigger. The vorticles diffuse pretty quickly however, so it's not too apparent in the resulting sim as you up the resolution.

Basically I took a hint from the internals of the ResizeFluid node and used a SOP Solver to query the bounding box of the fluid's "density" field each frame, after the ResizeFluid node has been run. Meaning you have to move the RecycleVorticles node after the ResizeFluid. Then you just reference that bounding box in the parameters of the RecycleVorticles node.

This should be more clear from the example. I do think there should be some built-in way to do this. Both ResizeFluids and RecycleVorticles generally work great; it's a natural request to want to use them together.

Good luck

Its very interested!!

Thank you, thank you, johner!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...