How to make a hole?

Rvb

Hi, normally I would post on the website on 3dbuzz but I want to get involved with both sites because you guys rock aswel! ;)

I have a little knowledge with Houdini but I want to get better.

In the attachment you will find my current project. I would like to model a house with houdini but I cant figer out how I would create windows / doors. Wat is the best way to do this?

Thank you :)

post-3200-1222363982_thumb.png

Hi,

You can position boxes where you want the windows, make sure they intersect through the walls and merge the boxes together with a Merge SOP. Next, append a Cookie SOP and connect the Merge SOP to the first input and the walls to the second. Select A Minus B or B Minus A to see the result.

Alternatively, you can do PolySplits, Dissolve, Polyknits etc to create the windows.

Hope others have more ideas.

Cheers!

steven

Hope others have more ideas.

You could project a grid onto a another grid, trim the result offset it and skin both copies ...

Surprisingly complex network, probably forgot to set HOUDINI_DISABLE_COMPLEXITY=1 ...

Nurbs not dead!

... and welcome !

wall.hip

Edited by rdg

Thank you all for the replies. The cookie way is the easiest way. rdg could you explain why you work with so many nodes? Thank you both :)

Because ... I couldn't use less ... cry.gif

I guess you could use less, but I wasn't able to.

Sorry.