Effects Animation Reel (2007-2008)

Symbolic

lovely work.What shader did u use for that car tvc.

regards,

Zohaib Ahsan

Hi Zohaib,

The car... Mercedes GLK project... it was done at Realise Studio, I was not responsible for the shader... but as far as I remember it was a simple shader with the reflection... and the entire project was rendered with PBR...

all the elements of the car had some reflective and transparent shaders. But they were all standard shaders (all created at Realise, but had pretty much the usual workflow). PBR was the cool thing!

:)

thanks symbolic for the quick answer its very good to know.PBR rendering is again surprising to know as I have heard its not bring used still in production and there is still a lot to explore in it.

Yeah... It is getting better and better... I think Realise Studio was the first to use it in production. It was very new and there was very little documentation about it back in those days.

There's some real quality work on there. In the Mercedes advert is the enviroment totally cg or is there some filmed elements in there? Just out of interest, what was the size of the team of the people worked on this and the Nescafe project?

There's some real quality work on there. In the Mercedes advert is the enviroment totally cg or is there some filmed elements in there? Just out of interest, what was the size of the team of the people worked on this and the Nescafe project?

Hi dan_j,

Thanks. In the Mercedes project... everything was CG... we used a still image (HDRI) for the sky and the env. lighting. There were some lights as well. The surrounding env. was billboards with building renders mapped on them and some simple geometry... The env. was more to bounce colors and shadows for the PBR. So it was simple. But in brief... there were no filmed backplates. All urban elements and backgrounds are CG.

For Mercedes: We were 6 to 8 people in London. (people joining at different stages and leaving after some time) Also there were other people modeling buildings and contributing to the technical workflow from other places... So I can say we were like 12 people at the peak period. If somebody who has worked on the project is reading this... please correct me if I am wrong...

For Nescafe: We were 6 to 8 people.

Once again... If somebody who has worked on these projects is reading this... please feel free to correct me or add more details if I have missed something...

:)

Edited by Symbolic