particles basic tutorials

baran

Hi, I am newbee to Houdini & learning thro the help files.

Is ther any specific tutorials to create smoke, dust & debris effects in Houdini? (Like maya has lot of tutorials)

I've seen the example files and FX tools. But I don't understand the way it gives the output.

If there is any link gives step-by-step procedures, please pass it. Espicially replacing particles by metaballs and shading the smoke look.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Erik,

I've gone through the tutorials. In that there is nothing for shading the particles and how to get the final look & feel.

People who know Houdini can create small tips & tricks to the newcomers is really appriciated. I found some basic tutorials in

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Emeek77/videos/12/

This site has some good tips movies. But I am still searching for the shading techniques for the particles. Like " how to create a simple smoke".

I am expecting someone can do that...

Hi guys,

Like Ezz said, 3d buzz's tornado tutorial is very good. Also if you're willing to part with some cash their technical effects dvd is awesome. There's a tutorial in which Peter Claes creates 3d volumetric smoke which is then copied onto particles which you might find useful. Miguel Perez has a good tutorial for smoke trails using sprites although it is for Houdini 8.

Cheers

D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Baran! if you are new in Houdini I think its more better for you first learn the Fundamentals of Houdini.

Miguel Perez its a nice man, he share in these forum a lot of works (include hip files) but I am sure you can't to understant these if you before do not learning the fundamentals concepts of houdini.

You can found a lot of very incredible goods tutorials in 3D Buzz and free.

Please excuse me bad english.

• 2 weeks later...

hey ppl ... i am also trying to get a grip of this software ...its a great software no doubt about it. Just to share my experience ....the 3dbuzz basic tutorial is a good starting point and to add with it the digital tutors will get you going ...from there on its all experimenting with the software...even if you don't find any specific tutorials ...jus pop in a question on this forum and u will surely get a solution to your problem.

-cheers